The Senate failed to get the necessary 60 votes for debate cloture on the so-called DREAM Amnesty Act. This deeply flawed Act is dead for the current Congress. Some of the changes that would make it more palatable in the future are as follows:
1. Permanently prohibit DREAM students from sponsoring any other relatives for permanent residency, especially the parents who brought them here illegally in the first place.
2. Require a minimum four enlistment in the armed forces as a pre-condition for all applicants.
3. Provide for regular audits of applications to verify that they are not fraudulent.
4. Require at least three notarized documents proving that the applicant meets all the requirements of the Act.
5. Provide for severe penalties including immediate deportation without recourse for anyone who submits a fraudulent application.
6. Permanent residency automatically revoked for anyone who commits a felony or who has committed a felony before the application was submitted.
7. Require the parents of applicants to register as illegal aliens before an application can be accepted.
8. Make applicants ineligible for taxpayer-supported financial aid. Let La Raza fund their scholarsips.
9. Provide for full enforcement of the above provisions. To the extent they are not, the program becomes null and void.
Working for logical immigation reform based on a stable population, a recognition of the finite nature of our natural resources and the adverse impact of continued growth on our quality of life, standard of living, national interest, character, language, sovereignty and the rule of law. Pushing back and countering the disloyal elements in American society and the anti-American rhetoric of the leftwing illegal alien lobbies. In a debate, when your opponents turn to name calling, it's a good sign you've already won.